Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different.

Nine moths ago my wife and I suffered the loss of our 10-year-old Chocolate Lab, Scooter, after a long fight with cancer. He passed away in my arms after lifting his head one last time to look at me as if to say, “I’m sorry I have to go now.” He then collapsed and died. I was devastated and we both went through a long and painful period of mourning.

We recently decided that the time had come to fill the holes in our hearts and lives that his passing had left. In Scooter’s memory we wanted something Chocolate in color and in consideration of my wife’s allergies we decided on a “designer” breed, the Labradoodle.

Not wanting to become involved with or lend support to a “puppy mill” we did our research and found a home breeder who works as a dog groomer and owns a female Chocolate Lab and who’s employer owns a full size Chocolate Poodle.

We made an appointment to go see the puppies and instantly fell in love. So much so that we ended up bringing two brothers home. Jake and Elwood now have a new home and will no doubt soon become the most spoiled dogs in the neighborhood!


Jake

Elwood


1 comment:

Comments are of course welcome. Please stay on topic. Comments with links to commercial sites unrelated to the post or the general theme of this blog will be deleted as spam.